Thursday, May 19, 2011

Native Dreamer

I'm not really into history but I've always loved learning about different cultures and how they've progressed or digressed throughout history. I've taken classes on asian, african, and native american culture and I honestly, was the most surprised with the Native American culture. In school we learn form a young age about racial and cultural intolerance and the civil rights movement and slavery and even the holocaust but honestly what did we ever learn about Native Americans or what actually happened to them? Very little is taught, both negative and positive aspects are generalized or in most cases, overlooked completely. Anywho, coming across these pictures sparked my interest once again and had me reading so really inspirational Native American proverbs by various tribes...heres just a few of many good ones:

Day and night cannot dwell together. - Duwamish

All plants are our brothers and sisters. They talk to us and if we listen, we can hear them. - Arapaho

Our first teacher is our own heart. - Cheyenne

There is no death, only a change of worlds. - Duwamish









No comments:

Post a Comment