Friday, June 3, 2011

I want my own zoo!

Who doesn't love animals, especially cute baby ones?! Well, I was watching a video about animal poaching, particularly with elephants and its really becoming a large problem. It is estimated that 40,000 elephants are killed each year in Africa and about 10 percent of the elephant population in Asia are killed. It's a growing problem that unfortunately does not have a solution. With the increased poverty in Africa, people have become desperate for money and food, and thus, the increase in poaching gangs. Elephants are one of the smartest animals on earth, they laugh, cry, and greet other elephants. They have amazing memories and can understand the feelings and emotions of their family members.























1 comment:

  1. first off, this made me think of myself being as i love elephants and have them tattooed on me. second, i love that it was posted at 11:11...make a wish!

    ReplyDelete