Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sunshine & Vintage


Today was unusually warm for October, making it a perfect day to stroll through the sunshine of Williamsburg, Brooklyn and do some vintage shopping. While perusing the packed isles of Buffalo Exchange, I found myself struggling to carry the massive pile of clothing I had gathered, which was so great because I have had such a hard time finding ANYTHING good lately. What was even more pleasantly surprising was that I liked everything I tried on, thus making it a successful thrift day. Upon leaving the store, I found myself in the usual state-- that is, lost and trying to hopstop my way back to wherever it is I came from, buttttt I found an even funkier thrift store right next door! It was called Monk. Inside it had that old, but nostalgic smell to it that is both familiar and new at the same time. As The Doors played in the background I wandered around feeling a bit like Dorothy when she realized she wasn't in Kansas anymore. It is so much different than most thrift stores, it really feels like you've stepped in a time tunnel! Anyway, I cannot wait to go back, and I encourage anyone venturing to the city to check it out! Unfortunately, it does not have a website but it is in Williamsburg Brooklyn, google it! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment