Thursday, December 1, 2011

Romeo&Juliet

This movie will never get old to me. I love 99.99% of all Shakespeare's work and there really isn't a lot of film adaptations that do his work justice, besides this one of course. 


Some of my favorite quotes:

Juliet:And when I shall die, take him and cut him up in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will fall in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun. 

Juliet: Tis but thy name that is my enemy, thou art thyself though not a Montague. What is Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. Oh, what's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet; so Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, retain that dear perfection to which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name! And for thy name, which is no part of thee, take all myself. 

Romeo: I dreamt a dream tonight.
Mercutio: And so did I.
Romeo: And what was yours?
Mercutio: That dreamers often lie.

Romeo: Did my heart love 'til now? Forswear its sight. For I never saw true beauty 'til this night. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment