Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Deriva

It's been a while since I have been so moved by a book or film so I had to blog about it; it's a must see, in my opinion. The film is called Adrift (A Deriva) and it's set in the 80's in Brazil(there are subtitles). Vincent Cassel has easily become one of my favorite actors and delivers an ahhhmazing performance, not to mention he speaks several different languages depending on the film. If you haven't checked him out, I suggest you watch Irreversible (french film). 
It's a coming of age film, but not in the typical happy, upbeat way. There is a somber undertone that builds as the plot unravels.  The director, Heitor Dhalia does an exquisite job focusing and capturing the pensive and somber emotions of each character. The angles and way he films each scene is really beautiful. 

Check it out and leave comments on what you think! 










No comments:

Post a Comment