Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture

The couture collections are always the most exciting for me, as they consist of the most luxurious and extravagant dresses, dresses most of us will never ever get to wear. Watching them sway and flow down the runway and on the red carpet is as close to such gowns as we will ever get. With that said, I take my viewing of these collections very seriously! Time stops, and it is a mental escape where I envision the places I would go in such gowns, and which ones I would wear if given the opportunity. It is like a fairytale in my head, quite delusional, I know! 
This collection in particular, is nothing short of breathtaking. Elie Saab never falters in his couture designs, they are a carefully balanced collection of classical, and dream-like pieces. The soft, creamy hues are elegant and poised, while the intricate lace detailing and beadwork set the fairytale-esque mood of the whole show. Even the deep red and black gowns carry with them a dream-like fantasy. Gowns like these make me thankful for being a girl, even if I will never step foot in anything so stunning!  



























No comments:

Post a Comment